Thursday, September 01, 2005

Moving Sucks!

Yeah, I've been working on the condo, trying to make it habitable. Without Greg's help I'm not sure I would have got any of it done. Moving is quite possibly my least favorite thing to do. On a positive note I managed to sell my weight equipment, and don't have to mess with moving that!

Monday night I played poker in our bar league, and Mondays are at my place. I won the 7:00, and along w/ the other points I had for the month found myself in 8th place for our league, not too bad considering I didn't play much this month. Last night was the month end cash tourney, and my 8th place spot got me only 8k in chips. Ben and Chase both had over 1M in points and started with stacks of 18k and 14k respectively. So my strategy, besides drinking, was to play pretty fast. I was active in alot of pots, pulled down a few, lost one and found myself about even when I lookded down and found JJ. Knowing how active I had been I figured to get good action w/ the hand and managed to get myself all in w/ 2 callers. One had 99 and Crazy Bob (Crazy is meant as a compliment here) had QQ. I turned a set of jacks, but Bob had already caught his set of Q's and that was that.

One more poker hand, this one from about 1 1/2 weeks ago. Final table, 8 players left, me middle position with KK, I make my standard raise and Casey a solid, sneaky player just calls in late position. the flop comes 8 high, 2 hearts, and is pretty sizable. I can't remember if I checked or bet (I would normally lead out at that pot and would be very suprised if I had checked it) but either way I remember calling all-in in a flash and proudly turned up my KK's only to see Casey's AA. Yuch!!! He slowplayed preflop and I was trying to act weak on the flop! The bullets held up. The classic "cold deck" situation.

Word of the day "cold deck". Unlike a bad beat where you have the advantage statistically and get outdrawn, being colddecked is when the poker gods conspire to put you in a situation you can't get away from and you lose. Set over set or KK vs AA are classic examples.

Also I have had several people mention to me that they can't follow all of the poker lingo, so I have added a link on the right to a poker glossary. It has most poker lingo, but may not be updated w/ some of the new gen-x terms.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

CRN WEB Blogs
INPUT Free Trial Track thousands of government technology contracting opportunities from pre-RFP to post-award. Benchmark labor rates, monitor task orders, and access agency contacts, profiles, market ...
I have a baby shower gag gift site. It pretty much covers baby shower gag gift related cards and gifts.

Paul

3:41 PM, September 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home