Saturday, September 17, 2005

A little poker

I'm still waiting for Jeremy to e-mail me the current point standings.

Unfortunately I only added 10K to my point total this week, that is 1 8th place finish. In a way I was both lucky and unlucky to get the 10k.

The hand I misread or I pulled a T.J. Cloutier:

Fairly early I played 78o. The flop came 7,6,2 and Ben, a solid agressive player, check raised me all in on the flop. I sensed he was weak and called with my top pair, but oops, I didn't have 78o, it was 89o!!! "I remember Ben saying, who's overs are better" and I responed "Over's, I've got a pair". Luckily he had JQ and I turned an 8! My 88 held up and I made a not so smooth double up.

I'm happiest when I've got a stack, and now I could open up my game. Before long I had the tourney chip lead by a mile. Down to about 12 players and this hand comes up. Me small blind w/ KK. Aaron in late position makes a standard raise and I sense that he will call so I quickly push all in. He calls w/ AQ and rivers the A, doubles up and now my big stack is only a "normal" big stack. I make the final table w/ an average stack, but get knocked out in 8th, when my A8 gets called by the big blind who had KT. The big blind got lucky and to the rail I go. I certainly got plenty of action on key hands where I was a good favorite, but in the end an unfortunate turn of beats was to much to overcome.

On a positive note I have been crushing our cash tourneys. The last 5 times we have gotten together I have won atleast one of the tournaments outright, and in 2 instances won 2. One trend I have noticed is that I have won the first tourney we play 4 times now, and I think I relax, not to mention, drink more after the first win.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Time to bring the best of Weblogs, Inc, live and direct to you
The Weblogs, Inc. network features over 100 independent, unfiltered bloggers producing over 1,000 blog posts a week across over 75 industry-leading blogs.
Find Info On california modular home manufacturer At:
http://www.californiahomestuff.com

10:55 AM, September 17, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home